Every day in your life you get to open or close a door. From home, to the office, to the grocery store, you get to open or close them several times a day. It used to be that residential doors are just there to act as a barrier against intruders, a symbol of privacy.
But they have also evolved during modern times, with most of them addressing the aesthetic needs of people. Contemporary designs, classic styles and numerous colors are just common choices that you have to make when planning to buy a door.
With myriad of choices on the market today, it is imperative that you get some backgrounder on the various types, their styles, designs and materials. This knowledge would help you make an informed buying decision. So let us get down to the nitty gritty of residential doors.
The Basic Door Types: Interior and Exterior:
A residential door may for interior or exterior use. Your interior models include closet, bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and cabinets. For exterior, you have the patio, storm, garage and front door. Manufacturers have been offering both interior and exterior models in different styles and designs. And innovations made them more durable, sturdier and flexible. You could easily find one that would improve the appearance of your home.
Residential Doors and Their Functions:
Both interior and exterior doors come in various types. Here is a rundown of some of them and their functions:
– Patio door – During good weather, families love to spend more time outside, at the deck or the garden. A patio door is designed to provide easy access from the inside of your house to the deck or garden. If you want a touch of elegance and style, you can opt for a French patio door. A traditional design includes windows, wood carvings and glazed or stained glass. You can also choose a sliding style which is more space saving.
– Closet door – this door allows you to create a space where you can store or keep your things. Closet doors have become flexible nowadays. There are styles and designs that you can use as dividers to separate rooms.
– Screen door – if you are the type of a person who would love to see the changing colors of the season from inside your house, then you better install a screen door. This door allows more natural light and fresh air to get into your house but prevents insects from coming in.
– Garage door – this door takes a lot of space in your property. As such, it could enhance or ruin the entire appearance of your home. Make sure that you choose a garage door that compliments the architectural style of your home.
– Front door – the focal point of the exterior look of your home. This is the first door that people will see as they enter your house. And while waiting for it to be opened, they have some time to inspect the design and material of your front door. So if you want to make a good first impression, better get yourself an attractive front door.
– Storm door – the primary function is to protect the main door against harsh weather condition. It could also allow the right amount of light get into the house.
Now that you have knowledge on the types of residential doors available on the market today, you are ready to do comparable shopping to get the best deals and affordable prices.
Leave a Reply